Sunday, February 17, 2008
Puppy Love...
Yesterday I was running errands and stopped by the 99 cents store to get something and out front this lady was giving away puppies! So I had to get one for Seth, she was free and has the looks of a Boxer(Seth's favorite breed), the lady was really nice and said we could bring her back if he wasn't into it so I decided..."Why not?" So I got her ready(with Janitsy's help - thanks Janitsy!)by tying a bow around her neck and sticking her in a box and I took her home to Seth! I had taken video of him receiving her but he is a booger about surprises so it's not as cute as I was hoping, so here are pictures instead...

Well she is working her magic here, I had asked him what he thought and he said that he didn't know yet, he just got her! So I asked him if he wanted to take her back and he said no...so he likes her! You can tell in these pictures that he has been struck with puppy love!

My man is a big thinker about all decisions, so he was interested in checking out the mom dog to see what we were in for! So we went and visited the family where she came from... This is her mom, she is a pure bred American BullDog. They do not know what the dad is, he broke in and got mommy prego! She had 12 puppies, they gave away 6 already(including ours, the lady said she was out there only 10 minutes!) and have 6 to go! We hope and it looks like she will be a medium sized dog, cross your fingers for us!
She is 6 weeks old and we had a tough first night with her, she wants to be right next to us all the time or she is crying and yelping! But we will break that hopefully soon! Below is Seth introducing her to our cat Foster, this will surely be a rocky relationship at first, but we hope Foster will learn to love her!
Seth is still deciding on what he wants to name her so I will give an update later! So I think I made a good decision but only time will tell! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Proud grandparents once again! I told dad there was a surprise, he said, "Not another cat!" She looks like a cutie! Can't wait to see her. I'm hoping he names her _____. I'm waiting to see if I've guessed right!
Proud new grandma, lover of pets!
Amber and Tracy, come on!!!!!!!!!
she is so cute, I love puppies! Your such a nice wife! If we had a finished backyard we would probably get a dog, but we'll just have to wait.
Awww...such a cute puppy!!! =)
So they called it puppy love!!
To cute. Congrats!
I love your new blog-you are a pro at this. I love the puppy-so sweet. Now Greg's really gonna be pressuring me for puppies...
What the heck! I leave you unsupervised for half a day (meaning I didn't talk to you on the phone since Sat. morning) and you go and get a new "grandkid"? Then I have to find out about it from your blog? Jeez Louise! Maybe I should give you credit for being up all night with her? She is really cute and free is awesome! Trent said that Uncle Seth is lucky. Can I tell him that it is his puppy but it lives at your house? :) Congratulations!
Dear Mom,
Remember when I taught school and had several dozen lizards, frogs, fish and two chameleons? So there! If you want to buy me a piece of land I'll get a dozen dogs. :)
We love you all.
I am just like you and Cameron is just like Seth!! I would totally get a dog on a whim and Cameron would have wanted to go see the mom dog before he made any rash decisions! Boys are funny.
Cutest dog ever! I am jealous!
Oh, NO YOU DIDN'T!!! That is AWESOME!!! Holy cow...that is a CUTIE of a puppy though...how could you NOT fall in LOVE with that face?!! GOSH!! I wish I was with you!!! So...umm..sorry I called you like 3 times in a row...I wanted to see if you have HEARD anything??? Uh, just cause I want to know!! ;) K!!! Talk to you soon!!
Yeah, I am so glad Seth said yes! She is so darn cute. The nights will get easier I promise. I am so excited for you guys, now we can take our new girls to the park together.
Too cute!
what a cutie! I can tell Seth is in love...
Too cute! Just give her a stuff animal with your scent of it..that should stop her from whinning. I want a doggie too, but maybe later. :) Congrats!
Post a Comment