So it seems I was not informed very well at the hospital of what a 3rd Degree Tear is!! I think they just do not want to actually tell you how bad it actually is! They just tell you how to take care of it and send you on your merry way and then you wonder why it hurts so bad to sit!!! Oh yeah that's because you tore all the way to your anus!! Thanks to everyone for cluing me in!! I can not believe they just brushed over that part!!!! Any coughing, sneezing, clearing of the throat and laughing hard KILLS!!! Also in the hospital they show you how to make this crazy diaper with their mesh panties, chuck pad, 2 regular pads, makeshift ice pack in a baby diaper and medicine pads... so retarded how long it takes and how uncomfortable it is!!! Anyways on the way home from the hospital we stopped by CVS Pharmacy to get supplies for this crazy contraption and guess what was on sale? DEPENDS!!!! Hallelujah! What a concept!! Someone needs to tell the Labor and Delivery ward about this new invention! I'm not at all ashamed or embarrassed to wear them either! Seth finds them very sexy and thinks they make a perfect ensemble with the nursing pads! I think this is what I might start giving to brides to be at their bridal showers! LOL! Anyways... every day it is getting better luckily, but now I know why they say no hanky panky for 6 weeks! Also I've had a couple breakdowns over the most retarded small things = Seth politely asking me to be quiet sent me into a meltdown, he then asked if he should get the pamphlet on Post-Partum Depression! NOT VERY FUNNY at the moment, he made me feel better after that though. Then 2 days later he made me lunch and forgot to bring me a knife, then he got the wrong knife... then he got upset and I had another meltdown!! That time he just ignored me until I stabilized. :) Good times! I feel bad for him, but I think he knows it could be worse though! I'm so glad it isn't and that he is around to give me a break and a little extra sleep so I can be a good mom! He is the best! I'm going to be really sad when he goes back to work and won't be able to see and share in every little moment with Mitch! Those are the only things I can really complain about, everything else is accompanied with a sweet smelling baby that I cannot get enough of! Oh! I almost forgot to tell you how much I can eat now! It is CRAZY what I can put away! I was so used to not being able to eat much since little Mitch was taking the room up! I have also always been a really slow eater... well not anymore! I cannot get it in fast enough!!! Give me food and give me it now!! I'm going to have to start watching it so I can keep the weight off that I lost with being prego! Luckily breastfeeding helps in that dept! That's pretty much it for now! I've recieved a few pics of me and Mitch in the hospital that I love and thought I would share in this post!
A few hours after giving birth to my baby boy, eating the hospital food AND a burger that my family went and got for me! I love that you can see the remnants in the backround!
9 comments:
Ok, that makes me hurt just reading that!! So not looking forward to that! HAHA!! I know it is so worth it though!! I seriously can not wait!! Hopefully I will be out that way sometime soon to see Mitch!! Good Luck recovering!!
I am so sorry that you had a 3rd- degree tear. Did you have an episiotomy? I remember telling Greg after I had Luke that I didn't waddle while I was pregnant but I certainly did after giving birth. I think 6 weeks is still insanely early, by the way! That little Mitch is absolutely adorable! I wish I could meet him. I'm planning a Disneyland trip in my mind (that means Greg doesn't know about it) right now, so maybe we'll see you this summer. Good luck with the recovery.
I AM SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU AND SETH!!!! and the new addition to the family! Michell looks soo cute!!!!! I am glad to hear everything is going good and you are adjusting well to life with a baby! SO CUTE!!! CONGRATS!!!!
sorry you're not feeling so great...unfortunately, it just takes awhile. Same with the mood swings :>) Good thing you have such a cute baby to show for it!
Yikes! I was grabbing lady town and cringing/getting nauseous just reading that. That is crazy. Mitch is going to owe you a lot of after kindergarten footrubs like my boys owe me! Pregnancy is so beautiful and then afterwards is so gross and messed up. How did the pioneers do it? Hang in there!
I'm sorry you are in pain! That really sounds like a terrible thing and wierd that the doctors don't tell you anything! i love your view on things- I know we'll always get the real scoop on everything that happens- no sugarcoating and that's refreshing!
Glad everything else is going great for you!!
yea, that does hurt. With Wyatt I got an episotomny (opps) and with Aurora I got a 2nd degree. The epi. is way better to have because in my opinion it healed better. But you poor thing...it doesn't help either when you have hemroids. Oh what fun. I was thinking about using the depends instead of the huge night time pads, next time I will use them that's for sure. Oh and the emotional breakdown stuff, I went through that too, don't worry the first couple of weeks it's like that. Then it gets better and you laugh at yourself for doing that..just like Dana did when I cried over silly things.
Remember I gave you the heads up an the softeners! Keep taking them baby! Seth is lucky you did not use the wrong knife on him!LOL.
I pick up your towel this week so I will call to bring it by!
hope you feel better soon- i suppose you will be brining an ice pack to bunco and the dinner?? poor girl.... i remember sneezing after i had ashton and crying it hurt so bad...
Post a Comment