So Mitchell had his 1st Dr. Appt yesterday! It took us FOREVER to get out the door! You can tell we are so new at this!!! We actually made it out in time enough to get some lunch on the way at my new favorite restaurant Lone Star Steakhouse! They have the BEST lunch deals and the YUMMIEST rolls!!! That stop made us a tad late for our appt though... oh well, Mommy's got to eat! :)
So we made it to the appt and they weighed him, he came in at 8 lbs, 8 oz - really good they said! We were worried about this pimply red rash he had that looked like chicken pocks or measles but they said that is normal newborn rash and will go away soon and not to pick!! I KNOW, but it is so hard not to!! I haven't though because I know it won't help and Seth would be really mad! Anyways, he is doing great and the lactation lady was really impressed with our superb nursing skills! She asked how many kids we've had and we told her this is our first... she was really surprised! :) I'm so glad that is going well, I can't imagine having to deal with that cause it really helps to get him satisfied and us some sleep! They checked out his belly button and peep and helped us with tips on how to really take care of. We were being to gentle with the button and not gentle enough with the peep! So sad!! The Dr. asked us if we were putting vaseline on his peep and of course we were, but she told us definitely not enough! Nobody showed us in the hospital that you have to GOB it on!! Poor little guy!! Luckily nothing bad had happened to it! All in all they said we were doing a really good job though!! Yay! We are good parents so far! The Dr. sealed up his diaper for us and we went on our way home...
When we got home we noticed that Mitch had something on his face, it was yellowy brown... he was sleeping so good in his car seat so we decided to wait on checking it out. Our friend stopped by to bring us dinner and we got him out to be held and realized that it was POOP on his face!!! WHAT THE WHAT?!! How did that happen? Well earlier when we were watching the Dr. seal his diaper we both thought we were sealing his diapers to tight because she did it pretty loose. Seems like she needs some diapering lessons too! His poop had leaked out of his diaper and onesie we had him in cause it was hot yesterday, he got his hand in it and then put it on his face!!! So gross! But really funny and I'm sad we didn't get a pic of it! Here are some cute ones for the meantime though...
Mitch and his buddy Nolan, fast friends! It was so cute to watch Leslie(Nolan's Mom) hold Mitch and Nolan was getting a little confused on what was happening and wanted to throw down after awhile! So funny!
More cute pics and stories to come!
9 comments:
He is so stinkin cute!! Is it weird to have him here?!!?! I love the pictures of him and Seth they are so cute too!
Oh, he is so adorable! What a blessing! Seriously, poop on his face? Oh my! Oh, how I don't miss the constant blow-outs... It seems like newborns need about 4 changes of clothing a day.
Funny post! Poor little Mitch poop face. Is the doctor in the photo Kelli Brooks? That is my sons doctor! She always leaves the diapers really lose because she assumes we have a way we prefer it done. Keep the cute photos comin' because we can't get enough!
That is just the first of many poop stories to come, please keep posting I wish i lived closer I can't wait to meet him!
Mitch looks so small next to Nolan! cute buddies!
Won't be the last time he gets poop on himself, don't worry sometimes it'll get on you too!
There is something about the way Seth looks at that baby that makes my heart melt!
I think it is SO SWEET to see a daddy with his little baby! It is just the cutest thing EVER I am pretty sure! I love all your stories and the poop kills me. I am going to check your blog every day cuz I can't wait to hear all the stories!
hate to break it to you, but now matter HOW you put the diaper on poop still seems to end up everywhere sometimes....I'm so glad I got to meet your little guy tonight. He is ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment