No baby yet... I actually had an appointment today, I wasn't supposed to until Monday the 9th but they called me to cancel that one and tried to reschedule for the 11th!! I was so annoyed! I told them nope, get me an appt this week! I can't believe that they think that was okay, I need to have weekly appts at this point to make sure everything is okay!! Argh! Anyways, I'm still 1 and half centimeters! Which I'm really glad about actually, because I have been really sick with an awful cold! I can't imagine giving birth when I can't even breathe correctly! I've had it now for a whole week and it turned really bad on Monday night, I didn't sleep more than a couple hours in not more than 10 minutes stretches - I was so miserable!! I stayed downstairs on the couch so Seth could get a good night's rest for work the next day, when he came down to have breakfast at 4:30 I was so ready for a blessing! I'm so glad I have the Priesthood in my home, it really helped me to feel at peace with whatever is going to be happening with labor and to get some good rest! I slept a good couple hours after that and have luckily caught up a lot since! My head is still really clogged, but it definitely feels so much better than it did that night! I've been taking sudafed and benadryl at night to help me sleep better, but I am so DONE with snot right now!!! I told Seth that I've been tempted to use the bulb sucker we have for the baby cause my nose is so raw! Anyways, sorry to complain so much about this, but it really does suck and being so pregnant has definitely taken a backseat to it! I have no complaints in that dept and will be happy if he stays in till I am rid of this cold! Hopefully both will not be much longer though! :) Cause I am officially ready to meet this little guy!!! While resting this week I've been able to finish up on some small stuff and get organized for his arrival! His room is officially complete! I LOVE how it turned out and glad we were able to accomplish in time! Here are some pics of it...
This is what you see when walking into the room! I hand painted the brick on the wall, we were going to wall paper but it became a hassle to get the paper we wanted so I did it myself! It took a long time, but I'm glad I did it! I finished the little shelf hanging on the wall yesterday and Seth hung it today.
Facing the crib, this wall will eventually have the baby's name above the crib! Once we have chosen his name officially, we are waiting to meet him!

Up close look at the bedding! I made the blanket and the crib bumper(which I finished this week), I'm so glad to be done with it! Wasn't quite sure if I would ever finish it!

This is a view of the opposite side of the room. We are using a dresser I refurbished when I was younger as his changing table and to store the necessities! The window frame on the wall will eventually hold some maternity pics and baby pics, Seth finally got that hefty thing hung today! I love how it turned out, thanks for the great idea Kyra!
View of the closet and our hefty stash of baby clothes and supplies that we were given! That doesn't even show a fourth of what we actually have! So crazy what you need for a baby!

The other side of the closet, not as dramatic cause most of the stuff is hidden in that dresser! :) Even though it took us awhile and a lot of work to get the room together, I'm so glad we did it! This room had been put aside as a "future nursery" for over 3 years and ended up being the room where we stored all our junk! It felt so good to rid ourselves of so much crap and make a fun room for our baby together! Seth did an awesome job on the chair rail, I think it really helps the room look nice!
Along with finishing up the room this week, I also made a Car Seat Blanket! Have you seen these? They are so awesome and a few friends of mine have made them recently for their babies and I really wanted to have one for our little guy so we could bring him home in it!! Well I was able to get it done and here is the finished product...

It's made with slots so the seat belts come thru it so you can buckle easily...

And then wrap them snuggly in it and not be worried about dropping a blanket all the time! Fun huh?! I got the pattern online
here and you can check out my friends blog called Inspiration Organization where it is featured
here!
We are all set, bags are packed and all I have left is feeling better! So come what may!!
18 comments:
Holy cow! You are seriously talented! I need one of the car seat blankets and I want you to help with some decorating at my house! Hope you feel better!
WOW girl!!! That is the cuttest baby nursery I have ever seen!!! I love it! you did such a GREAT JOB! I still can't believe you hand painted all of it WOW!
the room looks amazing. Good job! Hope you feel better soon.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute! (That means it is really cute because I do not like to do the long so - since I'm an annoying grammar hound!) I hope that cold hits the road and I can not wait to meet my nephew! The room looks awesome. Good luck!
The room is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right now is the hard part...waiting!
Just get feeling better and rest and you'll be ready to go soon. Why don't you try making some waffles???
That's what I was doing when I started labor with you! Hang in there, Love ya! Mom
ADORABLE....dang, i may hire you to come and do Bostons.....
You have an amazing talent, Heather. So, why didn't I put you to work while you were visiting us? You are amazing. That's all I have to say.
Way to tap into your crafty side. Such a super cute room. Want to do my boys' room?...We did Luke's room, but then moved to where we are and just never got the umph to do it again. One day. Love the crib blank and bumpers. So cute.
Extremely creative. I love it! Good luck holding in there. Priesthood blessings help. Kevin always gives me one when I go in labor, and my longest labor was 3 hours. Just an idea!
The room looks amazing Heather! Good for you for making so much of it yourself it's so much more special that way. Man you must have been busy. I check your blog all the time know cause I know it's going to be any day, how exciting. Let me know if you need anything, I am sending you good thoughts and lots of love :)
That sucks that you have been so sick. Good to have a great priesthood holder in the house.
The nursery is awesome. You two did such a good job. You are so talented.
LOVE the nursery! Soooo Soooo CUTE! Isn't it crazy that you are going to me a mom any day now?!? So awesome! I hope you feel better!
Heather,
The room looks great! You did an awesome job. I hope you are feeling better and getting some sleep before the little one comes :) Keep us posted!
that is beautiful you have some great creativity going on... love it. can't wait to meet the little one!
Awesome job on the nursery! I love the brick work--It looks great! Just hang in there, your little guy will be in your arms before you know it!!!
The waiting is killing me! This is so exciting and I can not wait to see him! Will he have red hair? TMac is super excited too. I am praying so hard for you that everything will go perfectly!
The room is AMAZING! You did an AWESOME FREAKIN JOB! I am sorry I DON'T EVER comment anymore, I have just had NO TIME at night..I am just lazy I guess! HA! Bachelor was HILARIOUS, and yes that guys is a BIG YOU KNOW WHAT! LET me know if you need anything and thanks for the SWEET NOTE I got in the mail! Made my day! ;) I miss hanging with you like I use to all the time!! K...have a good one!! LOVE YA!
Ok so the room is AMAZING!!! It looks totally PERFECT and I would be totally proud as a couple to have accomplished all that. The paint job you did on that wall is AMAZING!!! Perfect room!
I also LOVE all your handy work, your kid has super cool parents and I can't wait to see and hold him in person!
Post a Comment