Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!


This is Mitchell's 1st St.Patty's Day and seeing that he is a wee irish(from his mommy's side if you weren't sure! LOL!) we couldn't pass the photo opportunity up!! This was after he got a little snack and fell into his milk induced coma!
This pic he was awake for, but was not wanting to show off the cute onesie Auntie Amber got him! It says: Baby's 1st St.Patrick's Day! He is so adorable in Mommy's favorite color!

Seth has been a little bummed that he has been getting stuck with the not so fun jobs that make little Mitch sad! He has changed practically every diaper to help me, since it is harder for me to move around! He wakes up at every feeding time during the night to change him and them get us set up for nursing, he is really the BEST DADDY and I'm so glad he has this time off with us and that he is so willing to help out! He made the comment to his friends when they were over the other day that he never thought he would be so involved with another man's butt! :) But really there is nothing sweeter than watching your man change your baby's diaper and being so playful and caring while he does it! Anyways, Seth got another not so high on Mitch's list task today of giving him a sponge bath! Here are the pics...
Getting him prepped by taking off the band-aids from all the sad pokes he got at the hospital! I love how tiny Mitch looks next to big, strong Daddy!

All finished up and getting dried off! As you can see he was a little upset!

So after this ordeal we decided that Daddy needed to have an activity so Mitch would be happy with him! So we had our first "pumping experience", no pics from the actual pumping(I know your bummed! LOL!)! So Seth was able to feed Mitch a small bottle of milk! It was really interesting to see what a small amount satisfied the little guy and now we know why he needs to feed so often! Here is a cute pic and video...



The little satisfied sighs that he makes kills me!!! So adorable! One of these days we will get the fit he throws while he is getting his diaper changed so you can hear his "Teradactyl" scream which means he needs food pronto!! We think it is hilarious that he can make that sound! He did it for us the first night we were home and we looked at each other, starting laughing and got him the boob fast!!!

9 comments:

The Greens said...

awwww! congrats guys. he's adorable. we're sooo happy for you.

Vanessa said...

Give him kisses for me! I loved that video! You need to do more videos like that! Love him!!

The Bains said...

Oh my goodness! He is so cute! TMac and I just watched the video 5 times. TMac just loves it and thinks it is hilarious and awesome and the same time. Mitch's St. Patty's day outfits are super cute and I love reading the words "Auntie Amber"! I love being an Aunt and my new nephew! Great post!

kori said...

You are doing a great job. Keep it up. For baths for newborns I really like the washcloths that already have the soap in them. I think it makes the whole thing easier. Also they're so big you can usually cut them in half. They're disposable and in the baby isle. DOn't know if you already know but I love them

Todd + Emily said...

He is just so cute! And you have such a great husband for helping out with all the not so fun stuff!! I love how mitch is making out with the bottle so cute! And HEATHER I'm so bummer I thought I was going to see picture of the pumping!! MAN!!! I'm so bummed! Lol!!! I love the st. patricks day pics!! Thanks for the continued update I love seeing all the pics of your little guy!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

He is so stinkin handsome and I LOVE THE VIDEO of his cute little noises he has made of total satisfaction! So super duper sweet!! O I can't wait!!! Im so excited to see him tonight too!

Anderson Family said...

So sweet, having a husband who is so involved and such an awesome father makes everything so much easier. I am so glad to see you guys enjoying your little man.

Natalie said...

Emma and I are ewwing and awwing over the sweetness! Seth you win best first Daddy points!!!! I can't wait to meet Mitch!

Jenn said...

Love his little irish outfits! So stinkin' cute!! Dont you just LOVE being a mom!!!