Friday, December 26, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas!

This years Christmas for us was so good!!! We were able to spend the entire Christmas Eve day AND Christmas day together! Usually Seth works one of them so we were so excited that he had both days off this year!!! We had Christmas Eve all alone, we made a dinner together of BBQ ribs, BBQ Pesto shrimp, Potatos and Corn and it was SO YUMMY! We think that will be our Christmas tradition for dinner!! We watched The Christmas Story - one of our faves and just had a great evening together! Christmas day we had the morning alone together to open our gifts for each other, we always go small since we have moved into our house. This year was a little more fun for us though, because we each had gotten stuff for the baby! I made Seth a couple pairs of PJ pants and with the extra material I made matching ones for the baby! They turned out pretty cute and he was surprised! I also got a little wooden fire truck and gave Seth a book I made of our pregnancy experience so far with all our ultrasound pics. Seth got me these footy pj's that didn't fit so good, but were hilarious!!! We had some good laughs when I tried them on and also later when we got my brother Tyler to try them on(see the funny pics in the slide show)! He also got me some awesome stuff for relaxing in the bath tub and to pamper myself AND some onesies for the baby!! LOVE it! He admitted that it was really fun to pick stuff out for the baby, I KNOW!!! :) He did a good job and I will treasure the ones he got! We then had my family over for a brunchy lunch of waffles, caramel french toast and breakfast burritos! We played a fun game of White Elephant, always fun with my family! My mom had gotten a yard of beef summer sausage, not realizing how many dirty jokes would come out of it!! So funny!! We exchanged gifts, as a gag we gave my brother one of the ugly sweaters we had made and it was pretty funny cause he totally loved it!! When we gave him his real gift I think he still liked the gag one more! :) After we enjoyed watching the grandkids receive their presents and had a lot of fun hanging out! We then went to Seth parents home in Fullerton for Christmas dinner with his family. We had a yummy dinner and played games and made fun ornaments together! We exchanged gifts and played more games and really enjoyed the time together! Our little guy made out like a bandit this year! I think everyone in our family has figured out how fun it is to buy baby presents! Especially ours, with all the cute firefighter stuff there is for kids!!! We loved all the the gifts and we're sure he will too! My Mom had asked what happens when he wants to be a doctor or a lawyer or something else... WHAT?! Not possible with all the cool fireman stuff he'll have! LOL!! He can be whatever he wants to be, he'll just have some cool fireman toys in the meantime! :) We had a great Christmas and are really thankful for our Savior and his birth and the true meaning of Christmas! AND also so glad we are able to share our day with family! Here is a slide show of our Christmas, there was way too many pics to post separately! We hope you had a wonderful Christmas too!

9 comments:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Looks like you had a super fun day. It is so fun to be preggers on Christmas, our baby just began looking like a person and has gotten a ton of Christmas gifts already, we gonna have one spoiled child, as you are as well it looks like. I can't wait to see your completed room when it is done. The fireman theme is going to be the cutest ever. And what little man would not want to be a fireman with all these cool toys, brainwashing, and a daddy that has the COOLEST job EVER!!! I hope my kiddo's daddy will have that job someday soon!!! WE NEED IT SO BAD!!!!
Glad you had a great day, looks like you had lot's of laughs and fun times, your fam cracks me up super big time!

kori said...

You and Seth make such a cute couple. That baby of yours got more presents than I did and he's not even here yet. Good times. Christmas next year will be so cool with a little baby. Love you and Merry Christmas.

The Woot-en Clan said...

Looks like you guys had a great time hanging out. I love all the cute presents the baby got, but I think your pjs were the best gift! LOL I am glad you guys had a great time :)

The Gray Family said...

those are some awesome pjs :>) Glad you guys had a great day! Next year will be even more fun with a BABY around!

Brooke said...

You even got a picture of your dinner. Looks like you had a great Christmas. I don't know what you mean about the pajamas not fitting you. They look perfect to me.

Traci Elizabeth said...

YAY for gifts for the baby!! I get more excited to receive gifts for my kid than for myself! I am glad you had a merry christmas! You and Seth are gonna have one cute kid.

Vanessa said...

LOVE the one with Tyler and and Footie Pj's! Hilarious!! Glad you had a great Christmas!!

Sara said...

Merry Christmas to you. Baby soon! you look great.

Natalie said...

Sounds like the Holidays were a blast! Glad you had a good time. I love the idea of making ornaments together. I want to pick up a tradition like.
p.s. I want to be included in your private blog. I think I'm going back to private too soon!