Saturday, December 20, 2008

Crazy, Wicked, Fun Day!!

This last Thursday was a fun packed day for us!! We are still catching up on sleep! I woke to SNOW on the hills next to our home!! It had rained ALL day the day before and then it started snowing that evening!! I was so sad Seth wasn't home to see it snowing! I let the dog out and she was freakin out, it was hilarious! When Seth got home we decided to take a little trip up the Ortegas, a highway that takes you into the Cleveland National Forest to play in the snow! Here is a slideshow of the gorgeous snow pics and us playing around...


I also got some video of Seth and Harley and the the beautiful Scenery...



This little trip helped me to realize that I can't handle our dog anymore! At least while I'm pregnant. This pic is right before she saw another dog... she is way too strong and just takes off! She made me eat it pretty bad, I was so upset! Luckily I had landed more on my back, she dragged me a few good feet until Seth was able to stop her... pretty sad! We were pretty upset that it could have hurt the baby! Luckily he is okay and has been moving just as much as he was before, not a fun experience though!!




After that I went and did my GLUCOSE TEST - YUCK!!! BUT, I was able to keep it down this time!!! YAY!! So happy I do not have to do that again!! My reults look good too, no diabetes for me thankfully!

After that we went to Knott's Berry Farm for a few hours, we were able to get in FREE! They have a special deal every year for Firefighters, Police and Military, so awesome we always look forward to it! This year was a little less exciting for us cause I couln't go on any rides due to being pregnant (see mom, it is called self restraint! LOL! My mom went on Space Mountain when she was pregnant with me! So I have to rib her, Seth says that is why I'm the way I am... What does that mean?!), Seth made a lot of new friends since he didn't have anyone to ride with! I stood in line with him for Ghost Rider and people kept looking at me like I was crazy! I just smiled at them, it was funny! I don't like that ride when I'm not pregnant, there is no way I would risk something happening for it! He was able to go on 7 rides in just 2 hours though! AND I got to enjoy FUNNEL CAKE!!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I have so been craving that!! I think just knowing I was going to have it later helped me get through the Glucose test! It was SO GOOD!!! I should have gotten a picture of that!! Here are some pics of our Knott's experience...

This is Seth on Excelerator, you can't really see him obviously - but these are sweet pics with the sky, so pretty!


Us waiting in line for Seth to go on Ghost Rider!

We are silly, most of the time!

AFTER THAT (I told you it was a crazy day!) We went to see WICKED!!! So good!! We had a great time sitting by tons of people we know because our whole ward was there! One of our friends got a huge amount of tickets at a great price and we all took advantage for a fun night out!

We had awesome seats! This pic doesn't do it justice though! They were really crazy about phones and cameras, so I had to be sly! We were able to see the whole stage and everything going on, it was awesome!

Josh & Vanessa and Me & Seth during Intermission

This picture is funny cause Josh totally made me crack up right before we took this by jumping in the background, so I look crazy cause I'm laughing! :)

9 comments:

The Gray Family said...

we were at Knott's the same day, but we spent most of the day in the kiddie area (next year you will be right there with us!!!)

Anderson Family said...

What a fun day I can't believe you guys fit all that in, how fun. The pictures of the snow are so beautiful!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

So so so fun, I really wish I could have gone to see that, I am so sad that I am never going to be able to see the show but I hear it is amazing and glad you went!
Your snow pictures are beautiful and look like a ton of fun! Sorry about the fall, I can not believe how strong Echo has gotten too, it freaks me out! Glad you are ok!

Erin said...

Awesome snow pics! We are hoping for one more surprise snow so we can take the kids! Cheater with the camera-I'm telling the Wicked Police! :)

melissa gargalis said...

Totally fun day, I'm guessing you were EXHAUSTED after that! What a woman. Cute pics of you guys.

Todd + Emily said...

How did you stay awake on thursday!!! I would have been WORN out!!! I can't believe how much snow there was holy cow!!!! And I'm jealouse that you got a half way descent picture in there!! I took a picture of Whit and Jeremy and the guy freaked out on ME!!!! But I LOVEd LOVED LOVED the play!

The Woot-en Clan said...

Looks like you had a great day! Wicked rocks! It is so good. I am glad that you guys got to see it before it left :)

Brooke said...

I can't believe it snowed. That's crazy. I also can't believe how much you did in one weekend. Whoa!

Natalie said...

Heather you look so good. I'm sad I don't get to se you pregnant. I'm coming this summer for sure just so I can see your baby. I can't believe all the snow in Cali. Crazy!!!