Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Ode to my lap top!

It has been a great 3 years with my laptop, but it is now officially dead! :( I'm so sad! Especially cause now Seth and I have to share the computer, which means I have to wait for him to stop using it! Not fun! We were luckily able to save everything on the Hard Drive, I'm so glad because I had a lot of stuff on there! Photos I would be devastated to lose! We are going to sell the working parts on it cause the people at the repair shop (where it was at all last month) said we could get $400 for it all! So we shall try!

This is such a sad pic to me! Good bye my sweet lap top!

On a happier note... I have been craving Thanksgiving dinner so much lately that I finally put together a small version of it for Seth and I! We have a lot to be thankful for lately, so I thought why not?! I made stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes(Ruth's Chris style! Click on this for the recipe! So yummy! I found the recipe online and it was just like how they do it! You have to use actual sweet potatoes though, no canned stuff if you want the real thing! It was easy actually!! Seth went and picked up a fresh cooked rotisserie chicken, I know I know - but cooking a turkey is not want I wanted to do and the chicken was perfect! Anyways it all turned out great and we are still enjoying left overs and now I cannot wait for actual Thanksgiving! Here are some yummy pics...
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! I of course had to have cranberry sauce, just not the same without it!

Why does it look so much better piled up on a plate? Probably cause I get to shove in my face ASAP! :) Total Carb overload! I of course could not fit it all in, but I tried! Seth and I were laughing at how tight my stomach was after, a tad uncomfortable! We took the dog for a walk later that evening in hopes of burning off some of it! LOL!

10 comments:

Jenn said...

YUMMMMM that looks so good. My mouth is watering now. I cant wait for Thanksgiving Dinner! Sorry about your lap top!

marcie said...

That looks so good. I have been emailing my sis today about ...Thanksgiving. I may have to make a mini version on sunday - just to test a few recipes.

Erin said...

So glad we are related and I have your culinary talents for the holidays! :)

So long-farewell-to your laptop. :(

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Yummy, you are so funny by the way! Seriously you are ambitious. I have a really hard time getting a normal one course dinner cooked on a regular basis!
Sad about the laptop too.

kori said...

Kevin always craves Thanksgiving dinner. Your's looks great. If you an awesome sweet potato recipie using the canned stuff, I have the best recipe in the world. Where are you selling your lap top parts, we have one that is completely dead also. I haven;t been able to talk myself into buying a new one, but I hate sharing the computer. ARGHHHH!

Natalie said...

Fabulous Idea! I love Thanksgiving and am so excited it is right around the corner. But now maybe I won't wait??? Thanks for the idea!

melissa gargalis said...

that does sound and look good. I too am a fan of Thanksgiving and leftovers from it. So good! Way to be domestic.

Melissa said...

Ok that looks so yummy! I am impressed that you put that all together on your own will and prego, too!

Heather said...

Uh, you could have given me a heads up and I would have run right over to share in the bounty. I love sweet potato!

The Cook Fam said...

I too have been craving t-day dinner!! Can't wait... only a month away. Good for you making it all.