Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Can you say Happy Halloween?

Say Happy Halloween! Say Happy Halloween! :) We had a lot of fun with our Halloween costumes this year! We were Dora and Boots from Dora the Explorer! Some people that don't have kiddos didn't get it of course, but it was a hit with everyone else!!! Seth was Dora and I was Boots! We had a little girl ask us at the Trunk or Treat for our ward last night why wasn't I Dora and Seth Boots???? It's just wouldn't have been as funny that way... check out pics below!! I'm sure we traumatized a lot of kids, a few stated that "Dora is a girl". I hope we didn't confuse them too much, especially in the midst of the Prop 8 campaigning! Seth just made a better Dora with his big ole eyes! It was actually his idea, we saw a little girl Dora costume at a Halloween store and he was totally set on it! He thought he could pull that one off! Be glad I didn't let him get that one, no one needs to see that! LOL! We ended up going to Walmart and making the costumes ourselves! We had a great time being creative together and ended up wearing it a few times this last week and cracked up a lot of people! Good Times!


Full body shot! As you can see I am wearing red boots, like Boots does! Seth spray painted black boots from Walmart. And it is a little hard to see but I made him yellow frilly socks tops out of felt for his costume, for some reason they don't carry frilly yellow socks in men sizes! I wonder why? :)
More up close! See how cute Seth is as Dora! I made our hats/hair/wig things out of baseball caps with the bills cut off and then hot glue gunned felt and yarn to them, they actually turned out pretty sturdy!

The "Backpack"! Love it! So hilarious and totally made his costume! We were looking for one to make into "Backpack" with a face on it and then Seth found this! He could barely get it on and cannot put his arms all the way down in it!! He actually needed help getting out of it! So funny!! It was nice to have to store our stuff in and whenever he needed something he would say to me, "Can you help backpack find the keys?" or whatever he needed! So much fun!

Seth on the stage for the costume parade! :) The picture isn't that great of quality but I totally love it, I begged him to get up there! His calling is in Primary as a sub and he totally loves to help out with the kids in there! He is definitely a hit with the kiddos! :)

12 comments:

The Gray Family said...

you guys looked so cute! Love the costumes.

Todd + Emily said...

You guys costumes we AWESOME!!! And I can't believe you hand made them!!! I love the Seth wore his backpack the whole time!!! I bet all the little kids LOVED IT!!!

The Woot-en Clan said...

Heather you did an awesome job and I agree Seth does have the eyes to be Dora :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Loved your costumes, totally a hit, and you did a great job at making them! I totally did not think that that would confuse the kids but I think it is totally funnier that way!
You guys are a total crack up and are going to be great parents for sure!

Natalie said...

I showed my kids your picture.. their response???... OH MAN HEATHER IS A BOY AND STETH (YES STETH) IS A GIRL HAHAHAHAHA

good job on the costumes!

Erin said...

Love how you guys get into costumes-wish Paul would! These are probally my favorite so far from the years! And I gotta say you guys did a great job making them. Party City should hire you two!!

Brooke said...

That is hilarious! I absolutely love it. Doesn't your ward have rules against cross-dressing? (ha ha). Luke loves Dora so can you have Seth wear that when you come tomorrow?

kori said...

Very nice costumes. I love them you are so creative. Great job on putting them together. Can't wait to see you.

Anderson Family said...

You guys are Hilarious!!! Nathaniel couldn't get over how funny seth looked. Very creative.

Vanessa said...

You are so crafty! You guys looked awesome! You sure made Jackson believe!

Shauna said...

Hope you had a Happy Halloween :)

Shannon said...

You guys get the award for best costumes this year! Too funny!