Sunday, March 14, 2010

Mitch's 1st Birth-DAY!

This is how Mitch's 1st Birth-DAY went!!

We woke our little man up early at 7am(he usually sleeps till 8.. I know, I know he is awesome like that!!) since we had a big party planned and wanted him to get his first nap in before then! We woke him up with some balloons and he was surprised, confused and happy! Glad we did that, have to make it a tradition! Next was the party I feel like I've been planning since his birth! ;) In anticipation and trying to get everything done I didn't even sleep a wink the night before, but it was SO WORTH IT!! Seeing his sweet little face enjoying it and having most of our friends and loved ones there was really great! He was in a great mood the whole time and I didn't hear him whine or cry even once!! We had about 80 people there!! Thanks to everyone who came! We had it at a park up the street, so glad the weather was good(despite the crazy wind while setting up! The balloons were a lost cause!!)so we could have it there and not our house! Can you imagine 80 people in your house, half of them kids?!! That is a recipe for disaster!! ;) Luckily it all worked out at the park!! We rented a bounce house and it was worth EVERY PENNY!! So glad we got it!! We had a picnic lunch, pinata and cake/cupcakes and a lot of fun! Mitch was great with his cake, surprisingly polite and patient! He was licking and smacking his lips in anticipation, it was SO CUTE!!! He shared some with Mommy, which was super sweet! He would have eaten it forever and we were about to cut him off when it fell on the ground! Glad he got his fill before that happened!! It was nice to see everyone, especially those we don't get to see very often! Special thanks to our family & friends(especially Justice!!) who helped us make the party go smooth! Afterwards Mitch and I took a 3 hour nap!! It was amazing and we actually had to wake him up, he was BEAT after all that fun and SUGAR overload!! ;) We went out for a birthday dinner, which he wasn't really into unfortunately.. oh well! Then we went back home and opened up the LOAD of presents he received, he made out like a bandit! Thank you everyone for the nice gifts! Then he went to bed and we got a nice present of the time change!!! And not the good one! LOL!! We realized that it really didn't effect us last year since we had just had him and brought him home the night before! We were already on a crazy schedule! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MITCH!! Here are the butt load of pics from his day...
Happy Birthday morning bud!!!

So happy and loving the balloons!

Showing his cousin Kayla his awesome new toy from Great Grandma Sarah

Grandma Andres feeding Mitch lunch

Uncle Brian helping Mitch take a swing at the pinata!

Daddy controlling the pinata

the kids going after the pinata loot

Enjoying the bouncer! :)

The cakes mommy made him, a fire engine and Dalmatian cake

Another angle

The Fire and Fire hose and water cupcakes

This was his very own special Dalmatian cake!

Licking his lips in excitement!!

Being so patient, unlike his Grandma Bills in the background! LOL!!

The anticipation is killing him!

Ok buddy go at it, he is so happy!!!

Oh yeah, finger licking good!

Mommy want some cake?

Sharing cake with me, such a sweetie! :)

Mmmmmmmm!

Mmmm hmmm!

Trying to feed Uncle Brian cake!

Video of him eating cake..

Photo Opp with Great Grandpa Mac, the only Grandpa there!! Mitch's Grandpa's had previous engagements they couldn't get out of! :(

Still going strong! LOL! That's our baby!

The kids enjoying the bouncy! I love how Autumn looks here, green shirt in the back! Hilarious!

The bouncy from afar

The playground area
of the park, really nice cause it was all really close.

More party area

Mitch and his girls Brooke and Madisyn chillin

Adorable Jalen enjoying Mitch's ride

Daddy and Mitch having a good time in the bouncer

Closer

Hello! Love this pic, asking for Mitch to throw up all that cake!! :)

Posters I made with photos of Mitch for the party, see them better in the last post in the slide show!

Mitch and Daddy with the Fire Engine cake Mommy made, but wouldn't let anyone eat! ;)

Another of my handsome guys!

Out to dinner with Daddy and Mommy

Mitch and Mommy

Mitch's gift from his Great Grandma Sarah, he loves it!

In the middle of the pile of tissue and wrapping paper from his presents!

9 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

The crazy thing is...we were at the party for over 2 hours, and i didn't see Mitch once. Thats how many people were there!!! Sorry we had to bail early, but looks like the pinata and cupcakes were a success!!! Great party, Heather!

the Chandler chronicles said...

WOW! Heather, those cakes and cupcakes were AMAZING! What an awesome mom to do all this for Mitch! What a lucky guy he is to have you and his mama!

Vanessa said...

So sad we missed it! Everything looked amazing! Mitch is one lucky boy! Great job on the cakes! He looks so darn cute eating his cake! Happy 1st Birthday Mitch!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That was a great party, as expected from Heather the party thrower lady! You always do a great job! The cakes were AMAZING and Mitch did not let anybody down with his cake eating! Good boy! Love the posters, loved everything, glad we could make it!
Happy 1st Birthday Mitchell!

The Cook Fam said...

Looks like the party was awesome! Isn't it crazy when they hit that year mark? You ready for round 2? I know I felt like I needed another baby when Caiden turned 1, didn't work that way but I wished at the time that it could have. Anyway, you did a great job. He is an adorable like guy!

The Gray Family said...

the party was great, and I am still in awe of your cake (glad you got a good nap afterwards!). He really is a cute little guy (although not so little I guess...at 27 pounds I think he may have Brendan beat!)

kori said...

Happy Birthday. The cakes and cupcakes look awesome, If you were here I would hire you to make them for my kids b-days. Congratulations on making it through the first year.

Todd + Emily said...

I call dibs on you for every party for the rest of my life!!! you AMAZE me!! ( I wish I could make AMAZE in bigger letters because you AMAZE me that much!! ) I can't believe little Mitch is 1 so sweet!!! I love him and you guys you are awesome friends!!!

Natalie said...

wow! you are amazing! that is a serious 1st birthday! lucky mitch! love the cakes very impressive!