Thursday, February 5, 2009

Holy COW!!!

Okay just a foreword to this post... I have good self esteem (just in case you weren't sure), believe me I wouldn't post these pics unless I did! :) They show the very ah natural me and they made me laugh so hard that I had to share!! I cannot believe how big the belly looks in them! I have thought that it is big, but wow these were eye opening! I don't think it helps that I am so pasty white though! 3 weeks ago I got together with my girls (no, not my boobs - Vanessa and Kati) to do a cast of my tummy! I did one for Kati last year and we had a great time making a huge mess so we HAD to do it again! It consists of rubbing vaseline all over yourself(so the plaster doesn't get stuck to your skin) and sitting really still while plaster and paper is draped all over you! Luckily it dries fast! So you are forewarned of the nature of these pics, so if you are still interested put on your sunglasses to protect your eyes and have a good giggle...
Right before we got started...
Rubbing on the vaseline, I know really hot right? LOL!
In the middle of the goopy process!
All done and time for a shower!! FYI: vaseline is really hard to get off without really hot water! At least my belly was super moisturized for a few days!
This is the finished product! This is me at one of my showers, a post to come later on that! I painted it to match the decor we are doing in the baby's room, a post of that to also come later! The funny thing is that the cast was done when I was 32 weeks and I still fit in it now at almost 35 weeks! At our last couple doctors appts we found out that he has slown down his rapid growth, luckily for my hoo ha! Last month he was measuring 2 weeks big, but now he is right on the mark! So hopefully that means I will have a normal size baby!! Pray for me! :) Thanks Vanessa And Kati for all the messy fun!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

That turned out so cute. And girl you are HUGE!!!! HA! not really! The first picture I as like dang but the side view really didn't look that big to me. You still a sexy THANG!

Todd + Emily said...

Hahaha you crack me up. put on some sunglasses!!! Your belly is so cute!! And how your painted the cast was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cute too!

The Woot-en Clan said...

Very hot! I love it ;)

Anderson Family said...

You are so crazy!!!!! Love it!

Traci Elizabeth said...

That is such a great idea! You look like you are all belly....I'm betting that little guy comes early!

Brooke said...

I don't know what to say. I have never heard of a belly cast before. That's so funny. I can't wait to see your baby. Good luck!

Heather said...

I measured big too at 30 weeks then it was normal the closer to the end! She was the perfect size, 7 pounds 1 ounce!

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME!! I am so glad you did the OUTCOME at the end cause your cast turned out AWESOME! ;) By the way I am sure you are FINALLY feeling UNCOMFORTABLE...huh? It just get worse...if you need ANYTHING LET ME KNOW!! MISS YA!!