Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Feeling REALLY Loved!

Recently we had a few baby showers in preparation for our little guy on the way and we have been overwhelmed with the love and support shown to us!! We had originally planned on just having 2 showers and ended up with 3! I kinda felt greedy accepting the 3rd to be done, but how can you say no to people who just want to celebrate this little life coming to us? Well we couldn't so hence the longest post EVER!!!! I decided to do this all in one post since 3 separate would've taken forever! Hope it doesn't take away the special-ness of any of them, because they were all so wonderful!!! We feel so spoiled and LOVED!

So the first one was thrown for me and baby by my good friends Vanessa and Kati and was attended by my whole ward(practically)!!! I couldn't believe how many people came! And I still feel like it's my birthday every time I go to church cause I leave with gifts every time! They really went all out with the food and decorations, I LOVED IT!! Here are some pics from that night...

My good friend Leslie and I, she is holding my baby's future best buddy(her son) Nolan!

The party babies!! ;) These were the babies who can sit that came to the shower with their mommies! I love this pic!

Playing the "How big is the belly string game!" I think it was Tiffany(or was it Amy?) and Tara who won! Everyone else's strings were way too long! LOL! No one had one shorter than the actual girth of the belly! LOVE IT!!


Marcie, Heather & Jenine enjoying the festivities!

My girlies Laura, Meagan and Janitsy!

I finally own a Hooter Hider! YAY!! Should had that during my early twenties! LOL! Just kidding!! I don't know what I mean by that! The very talented Katie Gunnell made it for me and the cutest little stuffed monkey to match! LOVE IT!

Part of the group in attendance, Kati's house was a perfect location for this cause we were able to spread out a bit! Thanks Kati for hosting!

Kati, Me and Vanessa! We are pretty hot mamas huh? :) Thanks you guys for the awesome shower!


The 2nd shower was thrown for me and the baby by my mom Janine and my mother-n-law Gina, with the help of my sisters Amber, Erin and Seth's sister Justice! We had at my mom's and it was a beautiful afternoon! We were able to hang out in her backyard and really enjoy the nice weather! All the showers had the Lil' Fireman theme cause that is how we are decorating the baby's room... Funny story: As the party was about to get started my sister Amber went to run my nephew to a babysitter around the corner. Well she accidentally locked her keys in the car with the little guy inside! I suggested we call the Fire Dept cause how cool would it be if a fire engine and firemen were there while people were arriving at the shower?! Would have been so cool!! :) My mom decided to be more sensible and call AAA though and the crisis was quickly diverted! Here are some pics from that shower...

My dad the valet for the day! The parking is a little tight where they live so he helped with getting people to the party! Thanks Dad! He did an awesome job on the streamers and punch too! :)

Me and a little fire jacket rain slicker from my mom! Isn't it adorable!?
This made me tear up! It says "Twinkle, Twinkle little star, do you know how loved you are?" Perfect for the baby room from my sister Amber!!! I love it!!!

Me and my Grandma Shirley, my gift assistant!

Me and my 2nd cousin Lauren, she is pregnant with twins and is 2 weeks behind me, which means we will probably deliver around the same time! I think we look pretty close in size too, I actually think I'm bigger! We did in-vitro at the same office! This pic is proof that it works!! :) We are definitely happy customers!

My mom-n-law Gina, me and my mom Janine

Me and my sisters Erin and Amber! Thanks for the wonderful shower, I had a great time and felt so special!


Now to the 3rd and final shower! This one was put on by my good friends Bobbie(we went to high school together and she is the reason I met my dear husband! I owe her a lot!! Even more now!) and Leslie for me, Seth and baby! It was a Co-Ed shower so they added a little tetosterone to man it up a little for the guys! ;) It was so fun to watch the men play the poopy diaper game, the diaper change relay and guess the price of the baby item game(which my brother Tyler did surprizingly well at!)! We had a lot of dear friends come with their spouses and kiddos and we had a really great time! Here are some pics from it...

Getting ready for the diaper change relay game!

Me and my bro Tyler neck and neck!

Seth the last one on the mens team to go realizing that they lost and that he needs a lot more diaper changing experience! :)

Just some of the kiddos at the shower! We had planned to have a bouncer set up in the back yard for them to play in, it was free and waiting in our garage!! But the rain just wouldn't stop!!! Luckily the kids were happy coloring and playing on the stairs and no one(amazingly) got hurt!

This isn't the best pic, but this is Jeremiah(high school friend of mine) and Lindsay(who Seth went to high school with) and their kids Zoe and Ayden's head! :)

This is Zach and Katie, Seth worked with Zach at Emergency Ambulance when we were first married! Zach thought Seth said we were having a girl!! It was so funny!

This is Tommy & Sarah, Seth went to high school and worked with Tommy at a Movie Theatre and they just recently moved close by us and are prego too! She is exactly one month behind me and doesn't look it at all!!! They are waiting to find out the sex! We are excited to see who our little guy will be friends with!

This is Dave(I went through Sales Agent Training with him at AAA) and his wife Kara and Michelle who is the wife of Adam(not in the pic, but worked with Seth at San Pasqual Fire in Escondido).

This is Kelly and Jason Sandefur and their 1 month old baby boy Brody!!! I went to high school with both of them and Jason was a really good friend of mine! We ran into them last year at a Mexican restaurant's karaoke night down the street and realized that we live so close! So excited to have a little boy at the same time as them and have a buddy so close!

Playing the "Poopy Diaper" game! They had to guess what candy was melted in the diaper! It was killing me to watch my father-n-law and dad smell all the diapers! So funny!


Me and my Baby Daddy!!

Seth got to open the gifts this time! It was nice to sit back and relax and I enjoyed watching him have fun doing it!

The little stuffed dalmation for the baby from his Grandma and Grandpa Andres! So freakin cute!

Me and my Daddy and our bellies! :) I love this pic!

Me and Bobbie, Leslie and her family got the flu and didn't want to spread the germs as a party favor so she had to miss out! They did a fabulous job putting on the shower and we had such a fun time seeing all of our friends!

Thanks to EVERYONE for the gifts and love we have felt, we are truly blessed with great friends and family! We love that we can share and celebrate this wonderful time in our lives with you and cannot wait for you to meet our little guy!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Holy long post! You were given sooo much. You should be set! By the way, hooter hiders are the best. I used mine a ton and I don't know what I did before it. They're great! You just have to be careful of who is standing behind you, if you know what I mean.

Anderson Family said...

Of course you are loved, and we can't wait to meet your little man and fall in love with him too!

Todd + Emily said...

Man you are LOVED!!! I had a fun time at your fist shower thanks for the invite : ) But it looks like all of your showers were so fun! I love the little Fireman jacket your Mom got you! Congrats I can't wait to see your little guy!

The Woot-en Clan said...

Great post! Everyone loves you and your new baby boy! It was fun being a part of your shower. Thanks for having me there! Can't wait to see you tomorrow :)

Traci Elizabeth said...

definitely the longest post ever, but worth it! Now i don't feel so bad about missing your shower since you had 3! you look great and looks like you had fun!

Vanessa said...

Glad I could be apart of giving you and your baby boy love! You look amazing! Can't wait to meet baby Andres!! love ya!!

The Gray Family said...

I'm glad you got a lot of good stuff. You went through so much to get to this point, and everyone is so excited for you!!!

Natalie said...

so glad you have been so loved... It is because you are such a good friend. You deserve it! Love ya
Wish I could have been there.

Natalie said...

so glad you have been so loved... It is because you are such a good friend. You deserve it! Love ya
Wish I could have been there.