Monday, February 23, 2009

Gotta Party Like Its Your Birthday!!

So I am the big 30 today! Dun dun dun! Yep, I have reached the point that I thought would never come! :) I remember thinking as a teenager how old 30 was AND now I'm there! That went by SO FAST!!! I do not feel, act or hopefully look(right?!) 30 so I think I'm just fine with turning it! My good friend Amy did her "I'm 30" post yesterday and she gave me some good perspective... it is just a number!!!

Amy and I had a party together last Friday night to celebrate with our friends, she is a trooper cause I planned some pretty funny/ridiculous things to do and she went right along for the ride! I'm glad we have such fun friends who also went right along with it, always makes it that much more fun!! ;) We started out at In & Out for a yummy dinner and to start our PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT! We broke into 4 teams and stopped at 5 different places to complete tasks like taking a pic with the biggest package of depends at target, getting a pic with the balls at the bowling alley, getting $1 worth of gas at arco, getting a pic of a human pyramid off of main st and buying a double scoop ice cream cone at RiteAid and get a pic of everyone(at least trying to) licking it! We only had one group that cheated big time! LOL! You know who you are!! Team Meagan, Sarah, Ron and Kevin won! It was definitely good times, here is a slide show of the hunt...

Everyone met back over at our friend Jenine's home after the hunt for more food, games and karoake! Thanks so much Jenine for offering and letting us use your home, such a load off not having it at my house!! We(not me, would have made the baby pop out) played a game of spoons in which it started inside and as soon as you had 4 of a kind or someone else did, you can run out to the Bouncer(yep, I said Bouncer) to get your spoon! :) We only did one round like that cause even though it was pretty funny, we didn't want anyone or the bouncer to get hurt! I was able to get a few photos of that first round though, pretty hilarious...

Getting started...

Someone got 4 of a kind! This pic is so funny!
Getting into the Bouncer! Poor Emily ate it into one of the mesh windows, she thought it was an entrance! LOL! It was dark outside, I lightened these pics up so you can fully enjoy! :)

Everyone is in there fighting for the spoons!

A much more civilized way to do it! I played in this one, but being prego has really cramped my spoon style! LOL! I was the first one out! Meagan won!





Here are some funny clips of Karaoke, Todd rocked "Wild Thing" and I did "My Humps" dedicated to my big belly! Enjoy...





Here are the extra pics of the fun including the cake I made for Amy and I...

Amy and Me with the cake!

The cake, you like the Marshmallow baby bump on my Barbie?!



It was a fun night! Thanks to everyone that came and especially Jenine! AND thanks Amy for sharing with me, made it even better! :) Happy Birthday and here's to 30! May we have another wonderful 30+ years!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

You are so wild! It looks like you had a great birthday party. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can't believe you are 30. I'm glad that you have paved the way for me. That video of you singing "Wild Thing" is hilarious! You've got some groove for an 8-month pregnant woman. Seriously... you crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Wow, WE SERIOUSLY MISSED OUT! IT looked like SO MUCH FUN!! CUTE PICTURES! Hope you had a HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! ;) LOVE YA!!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Heather! To think I have known you since you were 9....Crazy! Looks like you had a blast.

You are a great person and will be an awesome mom..I hope this year brings all the happiness in the world!

Todd + Emily said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! That party was so much fun! I'm glad we came! I love the picture of you and Todd in the car with your gangsa lips LOL! And I'm soooo glad you posted the karokee videos you were HILARIOUS & the one of Todd cracks me up!!!!! I decided that I am going to have you plan all of my parties you do such a GOOD job!!!

Meagan said...

That was an awesome party! And it was Vanessa who won spoons....I grabbed the spoon before she actually had all 4 so she won!!! Just setting the record straight!!

The Woot-en Clan said...

Thanks for having us at your bday celebration! It was so much fun. I wish I could have ran into the bouncy house and fought for a spoon, that would have been great! Maybe next time! Hope you are feeling good ;)

The Gray Family said...

Happy birthday Heather! That was such a fun night and I am grateful that I have a fun and crazy friend to do stuff like this with! I vote for a repeat photo scavenger hunt for our 50th :>)

kori said...

You are definitely crazy. Looks like you had a blast. Congrats are turning 30. Arghh! I'm not too far behind that. Impressive the things you can do pregnant

Anderson Family said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. Happy, Happy Birthday!! Wish we could have been there. Miss you guys.