So I did it! I went sky diving on Thursday and it was crazy! I went with brother Tyler for his birthday and it was a blast, especially being able to do it with him! We arrived there for our 30 minute training, which was really 30 minutes of signing paperwork that says they will not and can not be liable if anything goes wrong...hmmmm...Tyler and I started to really feel nervous then I think! And then our instructors came and got us! They suited us up, gave us a quick one-two that lasted 30 seconds(I'm not joking), not 30 minutes and said "all right, let's go!" That's when we looked at each other with the "oh crap" faces! Both of our instructors were British with the funny accents(Anyone watching the Bachelor this season?) It was like Sky Diving with the Bachelor, except my guy was a comedian with a very dry sense of humor! We asked them if they keep track of how many jumps they've done and he looked at me seriously and said "Yes, I've jumped 5 times." Well that is when I realized I would just have to sit back and relax, kinda hard when you're jumping out of a plane though! I asked him what color the parachute was so our family could look out for us and he said "The color of Duct Tape", he was just loving making me flustered! So we get on the plane with about 20 other people and it takes off and starts climbing, about half of the people jumped out at 5,000 feet - crazy people - and then it starting climbing again making the plane slant like crazy! I asked my guy why I'm not attached to a parachute yet since I am literally sliding towards the door! He said it wasn't time yet...yeah I know that, yet I'm still sliding towards the door! Seth wasn't able to come watch since he was working, before we took off Tyler asked me if he was upset that he couldn't be there, I said no he wanted me to have a good time with you, he just wants to see pictures! I'm telling you this so you can appreciate what came next... My instructor told me at about 10,000 feet to stand up, so I did. Then he said sit down on his lap... so I did and then I looked over at Tyler trying not to laugh and Tyler said "How would Seth feel now?" Then I laughed out loud and THEN Tyler's instructor told him to stand up and sit on his lap and I laughed even harder! This is how they attach you to them and the parachute, makes you feel really uncomfortable and safe at time! I asked my instructor what I'm suppose to do when we land and he told me he'll tell me after the chute opens so that way if it doesn't open he isn't wasting his breath! So the plane climbed to 12,500 feet which is where we jump at and we were the last ones to go. Watching all those people jump before for us started to really freak me out, I had to stop watching! Tyler decided he wanted to go last so I went right before him, he said the look on my face was priceless - like I was going to die - I wish I had a picture to show you of that! The air was freakin cold, it really surprised me! It was so awesome and really crazy to be falling out of a plane like that! It took us about 50 seconds to fall 7,500 feet he did spins and crazy stuff and then he deployed the chute at 5,000 feet which did a number on my lumps and hump! I literally screamed "OUCH!" He asked me did you just say ouch? I thought no you idiot I just SCREAMED ouch! LOL! He adjusted us so I was more comfortable and then explained how to land and then Tyler and his guy came floating by faster than us and landed and then we did it! We landed on our feet and as soon as he unhooked me, which took 1 second(Tyler and I thought that it was scary how easy that it was to unhook us!) I fell to the ground, I have never loved the ground so much! :) So that was a short version of it, sorry it is so long!! I attached a video of us taking off and a slideshow of pictures for you to enjoy! It was another crazy experience with Tyler that I will cherish forever, "I don't want to be here anymore guys" - inside joke from a previous crazy experience! I would totally do this again though, I'm trying to convince Seth to do it! Who's up for it? :)
13 comments:
You went, you dropped, you survived!! I am so jealous, but I am so saving up to do it next. Maybe you can repeat with me!
THIS WAS A CRAZY EXPERIENCE!!!!! I think it was good that Dad weighs too much over the limit. I don't think I could have watched him and Tyler both go up in the same plane! It was bad enough having two children do it together! It's really fun when they're close enough to the ground to survive! Like I said, "Tons of fun when all goes well!" Glad it worked out! Mom
Wow, you totally did it!!! YOU GOT GUTS!!! I do not know if I could ever ever do that, you are one brave chick and I totally enjoyed the story along with the jump! Sounds like your guy was a total hoot! I LOVE IT!!! Well Im stoked that you did it! That is RAD!
Heather it looks like you had a blast. Did your armpits get bruised like I told you mine did? I hope not. Congratulations on your first skydiving adventure!!
Heather,I realized you probably aren't going to recognize Kevin's name as Woody, so the previous message is from me ( Laura)
Oh my gosh...you are so crazy Heather!! I could NEVER do that...I was sweating and getting nervous just reading about it! =)
CRAZY!!!!! Happy birthday to Tyler, and congrats to both of you for having the BALLS to do that! i always wanted to, but know I never would!!! You are so Brave!
that was a great story! i think when rob forces me to go i will request your guy...i'm super impressed and you got guts for sure!
Super jealous is my new name! That is what I kept saying that day - I am so jealous! But it was really fun to be there and Trent has been skydiving off of toys and couches ever since. When my boys and kids are older you have to go with me because I have always wanted to and should have before I had babies. I was supposed to do skydiving and bungee jumping but never got to it. You're a lucky gal.
Yep - my voice is super annoying on the video!
What a fun week this has been. Great post.
JEALOUS!!! I wish I would have gone before CHILDREN!! You sounded like you had a FREAKIN BLAST!! YWNGT!!! HA! I LOVED that!! Thanks for the comment on my LEG picture!! HA!! I will be HOPEFULLY posting something NEW tonight...We just got our HAIRDID by Katie GUNNELL, she works WONDERS!! I LOVE IT!! ;)
You are one crazy girl Heather! I'm impressed. I really don't think I could do that. My sister-in-law went and got her shoulder ripped out. I'm glad you're alive and well.
I have to say you are a brave woman. That takes guts to do-I don't know if I have enough guts?...The jumpsuit is very hot!
So much fun!! I went about 12 years ago and had so much fun... I think I am too chicken now though.
Post a Comment