Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yay Hypoglycemia!

Hi my name is Heather and I am a Hypoglycemic. As a child my mom sent extra snacks(a box of O's cereal - YUM!) to school with me so that my teacher could give me if I needed. Needing usually happens when I have waited to long to eat and I cannot focus on ANYTHING and start getting shaky and light headed and I'm just gonna say it... BITCHY! My poor husband knows this all too well and even with a hypoglycemic rage he experienced the night he planned to propose, he still proposed to me! He has said many times that he needs to make a box with snacks inside it and a glass cover that says "break in case of emergency" for the car. Cause most of my hypoglycemic rages are taken out on him in the car... he loves me. Well Seth and found this pamphlet at the hospital and I had to share cause we thought it was pretty funny...

Seth says I definitely do the first 2... Being Uncooperative and Disorientation, we added the last 2! LOL! Luckily I haven't experienced the middle 2 and hope I never do!

Anyways as we watch Mitch grow older we are convinced that he must have inherited this from his dear mother. So sad to see him wig out and his little arms shaking! Luckily for him food is always close at hand, his Mommy understands!

6 comments:

The Bains said...

I am laughing so freakin' hard! I need a copy of this pamphlet! Please get me one next time your at an appointment. That seriously needs to get framed and hung up in my kitchen. I love how the stick guy is dizzy, leaning on the table and the arrow is pointing towards the floor spelling out impending doom. My poor former elem. students. They knew where the Costco box of Snickers bars was kept and when I was cranky with them they would get one, bring it to me, lead me towards a chair and say, "Here teacher, eat this. It will be okay." This is one of the funniest posts I have read all year! Thanks for making me laugh. Why isn't your car and purse full of food like mine?

Later beiotch!

The Bains said...

I hate that Blogger wont let me edit a comment now that I realized I used your instead of the correct you're. Yes, I'm crazy but you can't pick your pet peeves.

Erin said...

LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL!!! That is great!!! I have that a little but nothing like you! Love that you filled in the extra symptom spots. Very funny!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

You are so funny. I have a friend that has that as well, not fun but at least you have a husband that is understanding and can laugh about it with you after the moments of rage pass! Sad that little Mitch has it too but good thing he has a mommy that understands it well!

Kyra said...

I get a little crazy when I am hungry too- maybe I have a mild case. Fasting for me is death.

The Gray Family said...

you make me laugh! Good to know that if you are acting crazy we can just throw sugar at you and all will be well :>)