Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Random-ness

I've been meaning to do some posts of a few different things and other things have come first so I am finally getting to them!!

First off I changed up my hairstyle! I have had the same hairstyle for quite a long time and it has served me well being that I can do it curly or straight... but I wanted a little change! I was tempted to cut short, but I didn't think it was the right time for it since I have a little less time to take care of myself now! So my friend Katie cut for me and I opted for some side bangs, I haven't done bangs since high school! And then Katie showed me a new way to style my hair - really straight!! When I had straightened my hair in the past I would always do it with a curl under at the ends, which I will still be able to do - but this is a MUCH easier and very different look that I love! I'm lucky that my scalp is pretty dry so I can do this and it lasts a few days, so then my showers are so much quicker!! Thanks Katie for my new look!!




Next on the list is a lesson learned from a little incident between Mitch and his cousin Autumn!! My sister and Autumn came over a week and a half ago so I could take some maternity shots of my sis for her baby shower invites! Well we took the pics and then went upstairs to plug them into the invite on my computer! Autumn had decided to come up with us so I had left Mitch swinging in his swing! Well a few minutes into our 10 minute project Autumn(she is 5 and a half) decided to go back downstairs, I was little nervous about it but decided it was ok and told her to not touch Mitch. Well in her defense she didn't touch Mitch with her finger... only some pens!!! We came down after we were done with the invite and it had been quiet, no crying from Mitch at all! I started to get my lunch ready and Erin helped Autumn hold Mitch. I came over to sit next to her and then I noticed it... blue dots on my son's little head! I was confused and asked what the what? Then Erin looked and then I noticed the pens we had on my coffee table! It was just too much of a temptation for Autumn, she even used 2 different pens!! She didn't even stop him from swinging, just let his poor little head run into them! LUCKILY he wasn't hurt and after we initially laughed we gave her a stern talking to(and she got punished by her dad later)and told her that she is not to be trusted! Erin, who was planning on Autumn and their baby girl on the way to share a room, quickly decided that was no longer going to happen!! I don't blame her! I called and told Seth while they were still there so Autumn would hear, she loves her uncle Seth so much! He wasn't thrilled obviously and had me tell her that the next time he saw her he would be drawing on her!!! :) I have definitely learned that I should never leave my baby in the room with any child unless there is an adult present!! We had to get a pic(you can't see the dots cause they were too small, but you get the idea!), poor little innocent baby boy!

Last, but not least on the post list is the Lake Elsinore Founders Fair!!! This was the 2nd Annual and they do it right down the street from where we live, so we had to do it!!! Seth parents came and joined us and the Ferguson family for a fun Friday night! We enjoyed the yummy food (the funnel cake was the best I have EVER had!!! SO YUMMY!!) and music and watching all the teenagers doing teenagers stuff, it was a nesting ground for them! So funny and I had to remember that I was once just like them in order to not make fun of them too loudly!! :) We had a great time, here are the pics...

Daddy and Mitch!

Savvy raising the roof! I love this pic!

Mitch and Grandma Andres talking

Mitch all bundled up, it got a little chilly!

Seth and his Mom

Me and Pops(Seth's dad)

Jackson going down the slide!

Savvy going down the slide!

Savvy going down the slide on Daddy's head!! We were cracking up at the look on her face - HILARIOUS!

7 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh my word! Poor little guy. To tell you the truth though, I feel bad for little Autumn too. She'll probably think twice before drawing on a baby's head again. I'm so worried to have another baby. I can barely keep up with my kids now... I can't imagine keeping track of 2 kids and a newborn! So, any indentations in little Mitch's head?

Heather said...

No indentations, man it made me sick thinking about what could have happened cause the dots were right on his soft spot! There wasn't any redness either, she did a superb job of just getting the dots on there and he was obviously very entertained cause he didn't even make a peep!

Erin said...

Love the new hair-it looks great! the pic of Savvy with Josh is hilarious! And in Autumn's defense she literaaly can't help herself-freaking allergies totally suck by the way!

Vanessa said...

How hilarious is Savannah's face on Josh's shoulders, I literally can't stop laughing, I love that girl!!

Heather said...

Love the hair, I have the same cut I think, Katie does a great job! She gave me bangs a year and a half ago and I love them. Now we have the same name,red hair and the same cut! Whenever I do my hair I love it, but lately it spends alot of time in a pony tail!
4 kids are killing my personal time!:)

I love the pen story!

Natalie said...

Poor little Mitch! I'm sure he's over it though!
Love your hair. I'm glad you finally posted a pic.

Todd + Emily said...

Totally LOVE the hair!!!! And is it bad that I was totally laughing throughout that story about Mitch! So cute!!! Good thing he is ok!!!

And we were driving by that carnival thing that day thinking we should go I should have called you! cute pictures though!