Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Not the best night...
So last night was a first for me... my first bout of what we think was food poisoning! NOT FUN AT ALL!! I will not go into details, cause I'm sure anyone who has had this knows of the hellfire I'm speaking of and does not need it spelled out!! If you are not quite sure what I am speaking of, count yourself lucky!! I wouldn't wish it on anyone! That combined with poor little Mitchell being super congested meant very little sleep for Mommy and Daddy! Seth was supposed to work today, but at about 3:30 AM this morning I begged him to stay home! I was so weak and I thought I had already lost all the fluids I possibly could at that point, but I was wrong!! So Nasty! Seth willingly agreed he should stay home since he was so tired too and witnessed the ugliness and knew there was know way I would be functioning enough to care for Mitch or myself! Seth is really awesome with stuff like this and I promised him that hopefully one day in the near future I hopefully won't be as disgusting as I have been since giving birth! I don't know how men think their wives are sexy after witnessing what they do! We were getting worried that I wouldn't have anything to breastfeed Mitchell from being so dehydrated, but luckily the boobs managed! We think Mitch's problem is just allergies with the weather we've been having and allergens everywhere, he thankfully hasn't had a fever or snot spewing out of him! It's more in his little sinus area. Listening to the poor little guy breathe is so sad, we purchased a humidifier and it seems to be helping luckily! So thankfully the worst has passed, still recovering though and hopefully will be functioning again soon! Hope your night was way better! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
aww. sorry to hear. hope you guys get better soon. take care :)
That was me all day. I am feeling a tad bit better tonight but Man O Man was it bad today!! I have never had food poisoning before and I NEVER EVER EVER want to experience that again!! I feel your pain sista !
So if you and Vanessa didn't eat the same thing at the same time, it sounds like you guys have a stomach virus. What do you think you ate? It's a bummer though! Sure you don't want any key lime pie??? Sorry! Glad Seth could stay home with you!!!
Take care. I had that when you were about 2 months old and I couldn't nurse you. I've never been that sick though, shaking and chills really bad and thinking my bones were going to explode. You survived :) Mom
On a positive note you will have abs of steel!
Yuck!!! Hope you are feeling better!
Sorry you were so sick! Not fun!
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you were so sick. Poor little Mitchell. Hsve you tried saline solution? When Nathan was just a few weeks old he had some congestion. They helped a little, I think. Just a little drop of two in the nose and then you can use the bulb. Good luck!
just wanted to let you know, we are having a babyshower april 25th at 3pm, our house. your both invited to come.we'd love to see the little one. let us know if you can make it.
I have so been there!!! Not fun and it's so much worse having that with a child to take care of, when you're at your weakest. Hope everyone is feeling better now. Love the Easter pics, super cute.
Post a Comment