Friday, April 11, 2008

I've been busy...

So I've been busy recently with everything and nothing, so I need to play some catch up with posting! First off my business is going well so far and I love working at it(cause I really enjoy it) to make it even better! Check out the new templates I have to offer! I have also been reading the Twilight books which is part of the reason I've been busy...I can't put it down when I start it! I have limited myself to one a week, I get to start the 3rd one "Eclipse" on Sunday! They are so GOOD! I'm officially addicted! :) Thanks Sarah for loaning me your copies!


Last weekend Seth and I had the pleasure of babysitting our friends kids, their older 3 Ethan, Emma and Lily for a few days! I have to say that we did pretty good with the team parenting, Seth was a big help! Best Advice: "Follow through with them, stand your ground", my dear friend Natalie(the kids mom) told us and that we did! :) It was hard not to break down and let them have what they wanted when they were being punished, but I really think standing your ground is the key to parenting! We truly admire Natalie and Joey and their brood of 4, they are raising them so well and watching them was easy when all you have to say is "you want me to call your mom and dad?" and they immediatly straighten up! LOL! I'm proud to say they said that I was as "mean" as their mom (we all know that means loving right? LOL!) and luckily everyone was alive at the end with minimal injuries! :) Just a few scratches, normal kid stuff! We had some play days with Kati and her girls Kelly and Kara and Erin and Paul and their kids Austin and Autumn. We hit the new pool/really sweet water play area in our community a couple times, was a great way to get out of the house! Here are some fun pics from the weekend...


I also got some video of some crazy (and kinda creepy) men playing in the water play area...


Looking forward to sharing this fun place with you all! :)

7 comments:

Brooke said...

You guys are great babysitters. Maybe we'll have to ship you up to Utah to do some babysitting. Natalie's kids are so cute.

Lindz said...

Wow...if you can handle 3 kids that aren't even your own, you are for sure ready for one of your own!! =) What nice friends you are to babysit their kids!

Anonymous said...

So UH, I wanna come FRIDAY!! ;) Is that this FRIDAY or was that LAST Friday you did this?!! I still have your jacket!! Sorry!!! I need to read the book and I know I am a SLACKER!! ;) HA!!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Well it is so nice to see that you are back and blogging again, I am sure Seth is stoked!!! Love the blog and the new header, CUTE!!! You are seriously so good at this blogging shinanagens I LOVE IT!! Thanks for your help the other day. You are the best. Love the post! CUTE and looks like fun!

melissa gargalis said...

I think I'm going to have to read those Twilight books, when I finish the series I'm reading right now. Everyone says they're so good. What a good friend you are to watch their kids. People, including myself, totally owe you when your time comes for some free babysitting. You're the best!

Erin said...

Those men are defiantly creepy! LOL! We love your pool. Thanks for the invites!!

Melissa said...

I am glad you converted to the Twilight Club! I love these books and can't wait for the fourth... someone told me Stephanie Meyer is working on an alien sci-fi romance series... not really my cup of tea, but I didn't think teenage vampire were either.

I am scared of that lizard looking thing! Were did Seth find it? It looks like something out of "Holes."