Sunday, April 6, 2008

I'm still sore!

Seth and I went up to big bear on thursday with my brother Tyler, Seth and Tyler snow-boarded and and I skied. I realized after the 1st run that I haven't skied in over 5 years! You would think it's like riding a bike like I did, but I was wrong! Seth asked me if I wanted to do the smaller runs first and I said "nah, let's do this!" and went on the more difficult side...not a good idea I realized once I got off the lift and looked down the mountain! I got really scared! So long story short I spent the next while on my butt after I ate it into a shrub on the side of the run! I got some pretty knarley bruises on by back, hiney and ego, but luckily no broken bones! :) I also had a few rests throughout the day when my skiis and poles got left behind on the hill and I slid down without them about 100 feet(yeah, I'm a great skier!)...luckily people were really nice to help me retrieve them eventually! At one point it happened right below the lift so I was waiting for Seth and Tyler to come back up to help me and people kept yelling to me "Are you okay?!"...yeah, I'm fine - just love to hang out in the snow! We were all pretty sore (I'm still sore!)when we were done, it felt amazing to take the boots off! We ended the day by going by the "Daffodil Garden" in Running Springs, it was amazing how many daffodils are there! I took pictures, but I don't think it does it justice! They only bloom 3 weeks out of the year and this was the last week to catch it so I was happy we were able to get this trip in! I uploaded a fun video of us(Tyler hit some pretty sweet jumps!) and a slide show for you to enjoy!


3 comments:

Niki McDowell said...

Truthfully I would be scared to death to hit the ski slopes. It's been 7 years since I snow boarded and 10 since I've skiied. I totally would be on my butt the whole time.

melissa gargalis said...

I'm dying to go see that daffodil place. My mom has gone, not sure if there's a book but I recall a saying have a daffodil day. Anywho totally laughed outloud at the skiing story, that was me on my first snowboarding adventure-which I haven't been able to go back. But I remember being so sore, every muscle I forgot I had hurt. Hang in there.

The Gray Family said...

the flowers are so pretty! I'm glad that you lived to see them :>)