My newest nephew was born while we were in Vegas almost a month ago! His older brother was born when I was in Vegas 6 years ago too! Funny huh? Sounds like I'm in Vegas a lot, but I'm really not! Anyways he came into this world very dramatically and we are so happy that him and his mom are safe and healthy cause we are truly blessed to have them with us still! My sister Amber was attempting another V-back, she did one successfully with her 2nd boy Tater after having a c-section with her first boy Tmac. (BTW these aren't their real names, just their nicknames so their real names aren't out in the cyber world) She luckily she didn't get an epidural for labor cause the doctors don't recommend when attempting a v-back. And because she didn't, she was able to feel that something was really wrong and know that it wasn't how she felt with the first v-back. The placenta had detached and she was having hyper-contractions back to back which caused her uterus to rupture and bleed internally! :( No one knew what was happening until a surgeon came in(she was there for a scheduled c-section and heard Amber screaming) and figured out that something was really wrong and immediately took her for an emergency c-section!! So thankful for that Dr and for her knowledge and quick decision making! Little T was born healthy and QUICK and mom had pretty major surgery for a few hours after that. They luckily were able to save her and her uterus, but she had to have a few blood transfusions from the loss of blood. My mom had told me she had an emergency c-section, but we all didn't know how bad it really was till later. She has bounced back amazingly since and was home within a week! What a TROOPER!!! By the way this had nothing to do with attempting to do a v-back, where she ruptered wasn't even near the c-section scar the dr said. It was a fluke thing and she is so lucky that she had the experiences she had before or she might not have known anything was wrong! They are both happy, healthy and BLESSED! He is a CUTIE of course! Only thing our family produces! I hope you don't mind me sharing all this Amber and you know I have to share the photo too cause it is too awesome! Let me know if you want me to delete anything! Ok so the photo...

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS??!! This was on a "Congratulations" card from Kaiser that they got in the mail about a week later!! She was just out of surgery and as you can tell she is OUT OF IT! When she showed me this I laughed so hard that I cried! I just love how the baby looks like he is smiling and Tracy is on board and smiling(which never really happens in other pics) and then there is Amber.... Amber? LOL! I just can't believe they would even attach that to a card! HILARIOUS! So here are more pics from when we first met "Little T", just 2 days after his birth!

Proud Auntie Heather

Uncle Seth and cousin Mitch checking out the newest Bain Bro

Amber and her 3 boys! Doesn't she look awesome for what she went thru? So crazy! Just happy to be alive!

The little guy a week later at home :)
6 comments:
Amen to the comment "we're so blessed to have Amber and the baby here safe and healthy!" We too are so grateful to the Dr. that came right in and took her away from us!!!
No time to talk, ask questions, just had to trust the stranger. We owe her so much and for her added care and concern for our family. Some things aren't easy, but so worth it!!
I can't believe they sent that pic to them! i died laughing!
thank heavens for modern medicine.
oh, Amber must be loving you for posting that pic (not that we hadn't all already seen it LOL!). Glad everything turned out ok that was scary!
SO scary. Glad that they are okay!
My name is Amber and I approve this post (like how the crazy politicians say on their TV commercials). I think the card from Kaiser with the photo is equally hilarious and sad. It's quite the souvenir. It's really sad that Heather's blog has a post about little T being born before anything being said on my own blog - I am lame (and busy). The whole story is just crazy and it doesn't even feel real most of the time. I should get a huge trophy, diamonds, a trip to Tahiti, etc. Thanks Heather for posting about it. Such a dramatic way for me to try and get attention! :)
WHOA! what a scary story, but amazing too! and that pic...wow, awesome! ;)
Post a Comment