So that sounds like a good combo huh?... NOT!!! I was so bummed! Last month I had planned a big ladies night for my friends Vanessa and Meagan birthdays(their birthdays are on the same day) to go to dinner, movie and then craft night back at our friend Sarah's home. So when Mitch got up from his nap and his eyes were icky I was unsure on what to do.. I've had pink eye and mine were really pink and his weren't so I wasn't sure. So I continued on my way to my sisters and made sure to have her take a look to be safe. She confirmed that it was indeed pink eye.. :( So I couldn't leave him there, way too contagious! AND because I was the planner of the night I was planning on arriving first to the restaurant to get the reservation accounted for and was already halfway there so I kept going knowing full well that I would probably have to turn right around to leave! Double :(!!! So I got there super sweaty from walking from the parking structure with no stroller and Mitch, presents, diaper bag and purse in tow! Once my friends started arriving they were so nice to make me feel better about staying with Mitch, I would have totally understood if someone was not ok with it(especially cause they had all gotten babysitters for their kiddos too!).. but it was really nice of them to be so great about it! Thanks ladies! So I still had a great dinner, after going back to the car to get Mitch's dvd player which made me sweat more.. GROSS! After dinner I went home and the everyone went and saw Killers and then I met them back up for crafty time later! Could have been a lot worse, I'm blessed to have some understanding friends! And I'm sure this won't be the last infectious thing my kid has, so it was a good learning experience for me! Motherhood definitely comes with good and bad, but mostly good! ;) Here are some pics from dinner, sorry it took me so long to post em ladies!






Meagan is being super brave here, getting so close to Pink Eye boy!
BY THE WAY, it was pink eye I got him drops the next day, poor guy! BUT I wanted to share some info I learned about it.. Pink Eye is also called Conjuctivitis and some people also say Eye Cold.. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME AND VERY CONTAGIOUS! I used to just run from the term Pink Eye, but now I know the other things are the same thing and will run just as fast from those too! LOL! To take care of: Wash your hands like crazy! AND after your child has been on the eye drops for 24 hours(I actually waited 48) they are no longer contagious.. so sanitize EVERYTHING they would have touched or had contact with! Wash them, the things they sleep with in hot water! Spray and wipe down with sanitizing wipes all toys and surfaces to rid your home AND car of the germs or you will be are an endless cycle of nastiness! Info I got from medical professionals and friends, really good to know! Let me tell you... GOOD TIMES!
3 comments:
ok that was the same week Mckynlee got pink eye, just as we were heading to Utah (reason I couldn't attend birthday dinner). It must have been going around. No fun, I hate pink eye, because its not like they are sick, they are just super contagious and its annoying. Looks like you girls had so much fun, sad I missed out.
Thanks Heather for the fun night, even though it was a little bit of a bust for you. You are a fabulous friend! Love you!
that was a fun night...and don't worry we all know how it goes when kids get sick at the last minute :>)
Post a Comment