Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Change is good..


So this last week has brought some changes for our family! We have welcomed a new canine family member.. the sweet Roxy! She is a 4 1/2 year old Boxer and is very mellow and well trained! She comes from a loving family who moves a lot, because of a career with the military and wanted her to have a good home. I'm glad we are able to give to her and that it is working! I wasn't quite sure it would, but I wanted Harley(our other dog) to have a companion to keep her happy.. and we weren't at all prepared to get another puppy we would have to train! Especially since Harley isn't as trained as we would like her to be! So when I saw that Roxy needed a home(thanks for the heads up Melissa), I had a feeling it would be a good fit! Especially since Seth loves Boxers and that is why I originally got Harley for him, she was the closest thing to a Boxer we could afford.. a FREE mutt that had the same kinda look! ;) Anyways, Roxy is doing well fitting in and is also helping Harley calm down quite a bit!! Harley was still getting way too over excited, jumping and a little too rough with Mitch. Well Roxy dominated her immediately and is showing her how to act(the family she came from had small kids) and it is awesome!!! It has only been a couple days and we are impressed! Thanks to the Rogers for letting us have her, we will take good care of her! Feel free to come for a visit anytime!
In the dog run, can you see Harley in the back not quite sure what is happening yet? At this point Roxy had already put her in her place a few times! :)
This is Seth already loving her!
This is Harley and Roxy chillin on their pillows, this is what I prefer dogs to do in my home!

Also on the list of changes is my new calling as Compassionate Service Leader at church! I felt kind of elated when I was first called... probably because I was just hoping I wasn't getting called into Nursery! LOL! But after praying and actually being sustained and set apart I feel... like this is something I really need. Everyone has been telling me how good I will be at this calling and while I hope I will, I know it is something I will need to work on! I just know that COMPASSION is something I need to gain, I'm not saying I don't have ANY. I probably have a lot actually in most situations, but there are just some situations I struggle with to have any AT ALL. And I know Heavenly Father wants me to grow and be a better person, so that I will!! I also have to be better about shutting my mouth now too! ;) So I'm excited for some personal growth and the opportunity to serve others when they need it most! Pray for me!

7 comments:

Jamie said...

Thank you! I don't think I could say it enough. Thank you for welcoming her into your family. Hope she's as good to you and she was to us. She already looks spoiled and loving life!

The Bills Bunch said...

I'm sure I'm going to wuv woxy too!
Can't wait to meet her!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Harley looks completely defeated! love it!!

You will be great at your new calling...if you ever need me to help out let me know!

Todd + Emily said...

THAT IS AWESOME That you guys have Roxy!!! she is a good looking boxer!! We need to do a doggy date ASAP!!!! maybe when you get back from your cruise. So there are two things that we have planned Ra and Doggy date!!! YAY I love time with you!!!

Anderson Family said...

You are brave to take on another dependent but I think it will be good for Harley like you said. I am excited for your new calling I know you will do great and will grow from it. Sometimes we feel like callings are disigned for us to help other (which we do) but I feel they are mostly meant for our own growth. Good luck with both!

melissa gargalis said...

So glad you took Roxy in. I was getting so sad that Jamie was going to take her to the pound. I kept trying to talk myself into keeping her so that wouldn't happen. She's just to sweet and good to be put to sleep =( So excited for your new calling lady! I think you will do a great job. I will try and help you out when I can.

Natalie said...

Honestly you would laugh... I would want a dog if I could have one like ROXY! Yes I said it.
Your new calling is great for you. I had it for awhile but unfortunately I became even less commpassionate! O'well!