I just got the stuff for my next project! Bedding for the baby! I've been inspired by some girlfriends in my ward who made them themselves, they came out super cute! I'm going to give it a try since I haven't seen any bedding sets that have been perfect for what we want the baby room to be. We've decided to go
Little Fireman style with a
Brown,
Red and
Blue color palette! It should hopefully turn out super cute for our little guy! We won't be doing anything to the room till after Christmas cause that would be a little crazy, but I am going to get started on the bedding! I have a feeling it will probably take me awhile! I'm only going to be doing the blanket and bumper for the crib and have a standard red sheet and crib skirt to accent it. Then if I'm still feeling creative after that maybe a couple pillows and window coverings! So here is some pics of my plans, I've learned that that is the best way to go! :) I already think I might not have enough fabric, I need to cut out all the pieces to make sure and then go back to get whatever I need more of before I can't find it again!! Gotta love Joann's! :) Wish me luck, I will need it!!

This was the room inspiration! Isn't it adorable?!!! PJ set from Target, I love these colors all together! I was totally set on doing
Green(My favorite color) and
Blue (Seth's favorite color) together in the room somehow, but then I saw this and knew this was much better! That is called growth people, cause if you know me - you know I LOVE
GREEN!!! And it was hard to give it up!

This is my pattern and hopefully it will look somewhat like this when it is done! I'm going to use pieces of fabric and hand stitch them on to do the firetruck design in the center - is that called embroidering? Not quite sure... anyways I will also be adding in the little touches by needle point. Then the rest of the blanket will be done by machine because that will probably be just enough torture!!

These are the fabrics I chose and also the edging for the blanket and this awesome ribbon I found - it is actually light reflecting like the stuff on fire gear!! Sweet huh?! I took a picture with the flash below so you can see how neat it is, even though there probably isn't much need for it in a baby room! Just looks cool! It will be used to trim the center firetruck design on the front of the quilt and also for the ties on the crib bumper.
13 comments:
That is so awesome! It will look great! I am so proud of you for doing this. I bet you will do a great job. Good luck!
I love the color palette! Your great for doing it yourself. I can't wait to see the end product I know it's going to turn out awesome!
Good Luck , I know it will turn out awesome!!
that all looks really cute. If you can sew a Renaissance dress, crib bedding will be a piece of cake :>)
That looks SO cute and I love the design you came up with! It is going to turn out great, I can already see it in my head! Love the color ideas as well!
How exciting!!!! He is going to be one lucky guy!
Wow, super impressive Heather. Good Luck with it. We want to see pictures when you're done.
Dang, I am impressed!! Good luck..and I LOVE those jammies.
You are so creative. I love the idea.
I can't believe thats in your ward! That would be awesome...it would make the first day at church a lot easier in a new ward.
So, your bro Brian made an announcement on facebook that he was going to ask some girl to marry him on Saturday. Did he? is he getting married?
I love it! Totally perfect for my nephew!!
I love your pattern! You are so clever! Congrats on a boy! They are fun for the first!
SO AWESOME!! I LOVE THIS! If you want help, I AM SO THERE! ;) I LOVE THE COLORS you picked! Can't wait for this little one! HEE!!
Wow that's quite the project!! It's going to look so cute!! He's coming so soon! Isn't it so exciting isnt it!!?
Post a Comment