Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Little Bro Is Engaged!



On Christmas Eve while we were watching "It's a Wonderful Life" I got a phone call from my little brother Tyler, it was about 10:30 at night so I was a little freaked out! I immediatly asked "What's going on?" and he then told me that he had asked his girlfriend Lindsay to marry him!! AND she said YES!! :) I was really not at all expecting it, which made it even better! I'm sure for her too, cause he completely suprised her too! Good man! We had hung out for hours earlier in the day with our family and I was so impressed that he was able to keep that from bursting out of him! Only my parents and her parents knew beforehand. I'm so happy for them and I'm really glad he has found someone so awesome and vice versa! They are perfect for each other and I really like how laid back she is, Tyler really is himself around her and it is so nice! I have really known she was the one for awhile, but I was surprised that he asked kinda out of nowhere! Really happy surprised tho! So he decided that it would be nice for their families to meet... ummmm, you sure??? ;) Just saying that is a brave thing to do so fast, especially with our crazy huge family!! But yep, he was sure and he planned it for New Years day at Lindsay's parents home... even BRAVER!! So with a warning on Facebook to the family to be on our best behavior we headed out to meet them! Well within about 10 minutes of getting there Mitch managed to put his hand into a few lit candles and then tore a huge gaping hole into a lacy door panel drape! SERIOUSLY?!! I couldn't believe it!! Great way to make an impression! And not only that, we also had to change like 4 diapers while we were there for 3 hours cause he was having the runs from the antibitotics he is on! We strapped him into the high chair my sister brought for my niece(since I forgot Mitch's) for the rest of the evening and they were more than nice about it thankfully! I am currently working on replacing the door panels he ruined too, cause I'm not a bitch! Oh did I forget to say how my father called me a bitch in front of everyone while we were playing Catch Phrase? Yep, he did!! He was just joking of course! I had the Catch Phrase thing and the word was "Perfectionist", so the first thing I said was "Me" and then my Dad said "Oh Bitch!" The evening was pretty much done at that point and my Dad felt awful! I know he didn't mean it and was just being funny and it is funny.. I just wish it hadn't happened in front of poor Lindsay's family who doesn't know us very well yet! I will say that at least her dad laughed pretty hard and actually said "I like that" after it happened! LOL! At least we're entertaining?? So after all that Tyler said we passed and didn't scare them too much and she is still wearing the ring... so that is a good sign! Her family was super nice and friendly as I was expecting and I'm just so happy that she will be part of our big, crazy and very LOUD family! I snapped some photos while we were there...

Dr.Destructo's handiwork! So embarrassing!

Mitch on lock down after his rampage!

Lindsay's sister Melissa with the kids watching a movie, she was so great to keep an eye on them while we were getting to know each other!

Some adult conversation

Playing around the world together

2 comments:

The Bills Bunch said...

Great blog! Thanks so much for not posting the wonderful picture of me! We had fun and Lindsay's family were great hosts. Lots of memories to come... :)

Traci Elizabeth said...

YAY for tyler!! so happy for him!