Sunday, May 23, 2010

Accidents happen..


So I got in an accident.. :( Completely my fault too, unfortunately! I rear ended a truck. I had completely stopped after slamming on my brakes after the 2 cars in front of me did the same, I looked back to make sure Mitch was ok and when I turned back the car was crashing into the truck in front of us! I was wearing slippers and didn't feel my foot come up off the brake. I was so upset! We are just thankful that Mitch and I weren't hurt and that we have really good insurance! So sucky after having such a great driving record for over 10 years! AND I have had this car for over 8 years and hoped to have it at least 1 more year! It was completely paid off, was so nice not to have a payment!! Sadly it was completely totalled because the cost of repair was more than it was worth. So we had to decide what to do! I had always thought that my next car would be a Hyundai too, a more family friendly SUV to be exact. Well after researching and driving a rental SUV(Ford Explorer) I was sold on getting something more pratical and less expensive and I hating having to lift Mitch up that high to get him in! ;) Hey he is HEAVY!! Anyways we punched what we were looking for(more seats, good mileage, under 20k) into a Kelley Blue Book website and it brought up only the Mazda 5 (AKA Micro Mini-van) and I remembered that my girlfriend Fran has one and I had really liked it!! So we checked hers out and searched for used deals online and ended up finding a really great one...
I love that we were able to find such a great deal in Silver!! I prefer it since it stays looking cleaner longer! HA!! It seats 6 and has sliding back doors with windows that roll all the way down! I also LOVE that it has great mini van features but doesn't really look like one! It will definitely be a good "Mom Mobile" for me!

4 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

Ooh! I love it! we are going to have to go paint the town in that bad boy!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

LOOKS like you need more babies to fill up that new car of yours! By the way, poor retard! :)

the Chandler chronicles said...

Hmmm, maybe no more driving with slippers on :) that really stinks, but glad you guys are fine and it all worked out.

Natalie said...

bum mer about the crash. I'm glad to hear you are okay. Cool new van. Good job on the bargain hunting.