Thursday, September 13, 2012

We are expecting!!!

As Mitch would say, "Mommy has a baby in her tummy!"!! It was so fun to call our parents and have him tell them!! We are so happy and excited to be able to experience this tremendous blessing once again! It has been such a hard trial for us and we feel like we've tried everything, but here we are pregnant again!! So amazing!! Seth told me after we got the good news that it is amazing how when we found out that we were pregnant that the work, heartache and patience of trying to conceive or adopt just didn't seem to matter anymore, that he was just happy and excited!! But I had to disagree, it is definitely what has gotten us here and I truly believe it has built our faith in God's love for us and is going to make us even better parents for experiencing it!! He of course agreed! ;) I've got a good man!

If you asked me a year and a half ago if we were open to doing in-vitro again, I would have cried or maybe laughed... I was so done with it!! But it took some other experience for us to just feel right about doing in-vitro AGAIN this time, this has the 4th time. We got pregnant with Mitch the first time we did it and just thought that it was going to be easy for us after it was so successful the first time!! After 2 failed FET cycles(Frozen Embryo Transfers, we used the frozen embryos we had left over from our first in-vitro experience) we were so bummed that it didn't seem to be the answer anymore!! So we delved into adoption,  that was our next answer!! We felt good about it and got completely certified and our profile set up with LDS Family Services! We got a call less then a month later saying a birth mom had picked us!!! ALREADY?!!! It was so fast!! We couldn't believe it, it was meant to be!!! She was due in 3 weeks and we were ecstatic!! Well 3 weeks later after getting that call, we got another call saying she was in labor! So we went to the hospital, spent the night in the waiting room and waited for our sweet angel to arrive! Unfortunately, that's when it all went wrong. That sweet baby wasn't meant to be ours and it was by far the HARDEST thing I've experienced in my life!!! In that moment I felt so cheated, so alone, so sad. But, I wasn't! My amazing husband stood beside me and let me lean on him, my family and friends rallied and made me feel so understood and helped me to vent, my Heavenly Father and my Savior helped me feel their love for me and I got through it. I still felt sad and honestly wary of adoption though. I felt immediately that we should do in-vitro again. But ultimately decided that we needed to give adoption more of a chance if it was to be our answer. Well almost a year later and nothing has come of it, no emails, no calls, no interest. It was our answer to move forward with in-vitro again. All over, from the start with a new fresh embryo cycle, this a post from our first experience with it...http://redvixonishere.blogspot.com/2008/07/got-some-news.html

This is technically a month and a half, 6 weeks!

So here we are, so happy that we did!! SO EXCITED to experience pregnancy again! SO EXCITED for Mitch to be a big brother! SO EXCITED to decorate a new baby room!! KINDA EXCITED to throw up, feel nauseous, have heartburn again(I know that's crazy, but it helps me know everything is okay!)!! NOT AT ALL excited to do the orange drink test or experience child birth again tho, LOL! But, oh SO EXCITED to hold sweet baby again and VERY HAPPY that we get to experience this miracle again. We truly couldn't be happier!!

3 comments:

The Bains said...

Stop making me cry! Not really. It's a good cry! We are so happy! Very cute post. Can I hit the jealous button a million more times? Not of the ordeal but the results are super awesome! Love ya.

The Bills Bunch said...

It's hard to watch your children go through heart wrenching experiences, but we know the growth that comes with time and patience. Alma 36:21 can be the family motto: "Yea, I say unto you, my son (and daughter), that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son (and daughter), that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy." Alma is relating to his repentance process, but we can relate it to our life experiences also. Faith and Hope in our Savior is what gets us through when all is said and done!

Todd + Emily said...

Literally cried when i got your text of happiness for you and just now you made me cry again!!! I get so excited everything I think about you and your familY! I am so beyond words happy for you! Love you girl!